Update about results:
To view results, please visit this link.
Dear Sir / Madam,
We are happy to inform you that we are conducting “Inter School Cultural Competitions – 2011” for the school children from 7th August, 2011 to 11th September, 2011.
The details, rules and schedule of the competitions are attached along with the ‘Registration Form’.
We request you to kindly encourage and send as many children as possible from your esteemed School, to participate enthusiastically, in order to find out their hidden excellences in these fields.
A special award will be given to:
1. The school getting maximum points depending upon the number and rank of prizes won by its students;
2. The School from which the maximum candidates participate.
Last date for registration:
For All Competitions : 1st August, 2011
Kindly send the Registration forms which are duly filled along with the fees before the above mentioned date.
For further details and clarifications kindly contact us during office hours (9 am to 12 noon and 4 pm to 6.30 pm Ph: 25367878 / 25578900.
Expecting your co-operation,
With best wishes,
Yours in service,
RAMAKRISHNA MATH, ULSOOR, BANGALORE – 8
SHEDULE OF INTER-SCHOOL CULTURAL COMPETITIONS
|7th Sunday Aug -2011||1.30 pm||Junior Group Fancy Dress||Lkg / Ukg & 1std||Participants own choice|
|13th Saturday Aug -2011||1.30 pm||Senior Group Fancy Dress||2nd / 3rd & 4th Std||Participants own choice|
|14th Sunday Aug -2011||1.30 pm||Senior Group||2nd / 3rd & 4th Std||Shloka Chanting(Please refer to Prayer-I and Prayer-II )|
|20th Saturday Aug -2011||1.30 pm||PaintingDuration – 2 hours
|5th / 6th / 7th Std||Participants own choice|
|8th / 9th / 10th Std||Participants own choice|
|21st Sunday Aug -2011||1.30 pm||Essay writingDuration – 2 hours
|8th / 9th / 10th Std Kannada/Hindi/ English||“Service to man is service to God” The relevance of Swami Vivekananda’s this teaching to the Modern India|
|27th Saturday Aug -2011||1.30 pm||Gita Chanting||5th / 6th / 7th Std||14th chapter|
|28th Sunday Aug -2011||1.30 pm||Gita Chanting||8th / 9th / 10th Std||17th ChapterShlokas 2 to22|
|3rd Saturday Sept -2011||1.30 pm||Elocution Duration – 5 min||8th / 9th / 10th Std||“Vasudaiva kutumbakam – The World is one family”|
|4th Sunday Sept – 2011||1.30 pm||Quiz||8th / 9th / 10th Std||On Ramayana and Mahabharata|
|10th Saturday Sept – 2011||1.30 pm||ElocutionDuration – 5 min
|5th / 6th / 7th Std||“Honesty in everyday life”|
|11th SundaySept 2011||Prize distribution ceremony|
- Registered participants ONLY are allowed to take part in competitions.
- A student can participate in all competitions.
- Registration has to be made for each competition separately.
- Entrance fees for each competition is Rs 20/-
- Participation Certificate will be given to all Candidates for each competition on the prize distribution day only.
- Proxies will not be allowed. In case the participant fails to attend the competition, Math will not refund the entrance fees.
- Participants should come to the competition premises at least 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled time.
- Math reserves the right to deny participation to candidates appearing late or if found misbehaving.
- Judges’ decision will be final.
Last date for registration for all Competitions is: 1st Aug, 2011
1. Fancy Dress Competition
No rented or readymade costumes are allowed.
- The participant should bring all the fancy dress materials and make-up materials.
- No accompanying music is allowed during the presentation.
Theme for Fancy dress competition is for both groups: Participants own choice
2. Shloka Competition
- Verses for chanting is enclosed
- Shloka should be sung with tune
- Out of 15 any 10 can be sung
- No accompaniments
3. Painting Competition
- Math will provide papers for painting
- Duration of competition is 2 Hours
- The candidate should bring colors and related painting material.
- The subject of painting for both groups: Participants own choice
3. Gita Chanting Competition
Only solo chanting will be allowed.
- For 5th / 6th / 7th Std: Srimad Bhagvad Gita Chapter 14th full should be memorized.
- For 8th / 9th /10th Std: Srimad Bhagvad Gita Chapter 17th Shloka 2 to 22 should be memorized.
- No prompting will be allowed.
- Criteria which will be considered while deciding the winners are: 1. Pronunciation 2. Memorization 3. Delivery
4. Essay Writing Competition
- Math will provide A4 size papers for essay writing
- Duration of competition is one and half an hour.
- This competition is for 8th, 9th and 10th Standard students ONLY.
- Subject of the essay is “Service to man is service to God” The relevance of Swami Vivekananda’s this teaching to the Modern India ”
- The essay can be written in English / Kannada.
- Size of the essay should not be more than 3 – 5 pages.
- Criteria considered while deciding the winners are:
• Understanding of the Subject • Presentation • Language • Handwriting
- Reference Book: “Service / Karma yoga” (available with our library / book shop)
- Duration – 2 hours
- Each team will consist of Three students only.
- The Subject matters are: Ramayana and Mahabharata
Reference books: Ramayana and Mahabharata of Raja Gopalachari.C
(By Bhavan’s Book house Publication)
Criteria that are considered while deciding the winners, are: Grasping of idea & Presentation
Duration – 5 min
Topic for juniors – 5th / 6th / 7th std “Honesty in everyday life”
Topic for seniors – 8th / 9th /10th std “Vasudaiva kutumbakam – The World is one family”
Prize Distribution on 11th September, 2011 at 09.00 am