Swami Vivekananda had a great vision for the youth of our country. With a clear philosophy of life along with proper understanding of Values and Culture, youth can be developed into beacon lights and can be involved in Nation Building Activities.
For achieving this purpose Ramakrishna Math, Ulsoor, Bangalore, has started a Youth Awareness Programme – Yuva Jagrati – for spreading Message of Swami Vivekananda to the Youth studying in colleges.
This Programme consists of:
· Meeting the students in their college. It is a 2 hour programme introducing them to the study of Philosophy of life, Values and Culture through talks by a Monk from our Ashrama and by a Guest Speaker.
· Gifting of related literature to the college library and encouraging the students to pursue the deep study in these new lines of thoughts. Related literatures (17 books which cost about Rs. 2000/-) are gifted to the college libraries and students.
· Distribution of a complementary book ‘Swami Vivekananda – His Call to the Nation’ to all the participants of the programme.
· Creation of Study Circles in the Degree Colleges
Vivekananda Study circles are created in selected and reputed educational institutions like Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bangalore. Every week students gather in their campus and spend nearly 2 hours studying, discussing the literatures of Swami Vivekananda. One of the volunteer of Youth Forum or a monk from our Math assists the study circles.
· Sale of Ramakrishna-Vivekananda-Vedanta literature in the colleges.
About 500 colleges in Karnataka are identified for this Programme. So far, this Programme was conducted in 106 colleges in which about 30,000 students directly participated and benefited. An average of Rs.3, 500/- is spent for every college.
Photos of Yuva Jagrati Programme can be viewed through this link http://picasaweb.google.com/rkmathulsoor/YuvaJagrati#slideshow/5494847876548082498
We convey our heartfelt thanks to the Principals, Guest Speakers and volunteers for their kind co-operation.
Also we invite Principals and Heads of Degree Colleges to help us in conducting this programme for the students of their institutions.
Yours in service,