The Ramakrishna Math, Ulsoor, Bangalore, a branch centre of Ramakrishna Math and Mission, Belur Math, Dt. Howrah, West Bengal. Our Math is engaged in various social service activities in the fields of education, medical, cultural and religion with the spirit of “Service to Man is Service to God”.
With a view to build a better society and to inculcate higher values among the public in general and students in particular, various activities are organized. Every year we conduct Inter School Cultural Competition, with a view to inculcate higher values and to give an insight into our ancient heritage.
This year, the following competitions were held between August and September 2009 for the children from L.K.G. to X Standard:
1. Srimat Bhagavat Gita Chanting Competition – The participants were asked to chant 20 shlokas from the chapters 2nd and 17th.
2. Painting Competition: The topics were “Zoo or Green Bangalore” for Primary School and “Our Solar System” for High School.
3. Essay Writing: On the “Future of India according to Swami Vivekananda”
4. Elocution Competition: For High School – “Personality Development according to Swami Vivekananda” and for Primary School students – “The Character I like most in Ramayana and Mahabharata”.
5. Quiz Competition: This consisted of 6 rounds of questions culled from the Ramayana, the Mahabharata, the Life of Swami Vivekananda, and the History of Indian Freedom Struggles and Maths & science puzzles.
6. Fancy Dress for L.K.G. to 4th Standard – Indian saints, Gods and goddesses
In total, 18 schools took part in the competition. A total of 58 prizes along with certificates are being awarded to the winners. This includes 13 first prizes; 13 second prizes; 15 third prizes; and 17 consolation prizes. Each participants were given one Badge so also a participation certificate.
A special prize is awarded to the institution that has sent maximum number of participants. This year it was awarded to “Amarajyothi Public School”. The institution that has secured maximum number of prizes was also awarded, a Prize. This year this award goes to Army Public School.
We are thankful to all the institution heads, teachers, parents and students for taking part in the competitions and in making it a success.
We are sure that such activities will leave behind a lasting impression in the minds of the young participants and it will help them in moulding their lives.
We pray to Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda to inspire and guide one and all towards the real goal of human life.
Thanking you all once again,
Jai Sri Ramakrishna